I’m not sure about you all, but as for me – I go in spurts when it comes to creating! There are just times in my life that I just can’t create, no matter what I do! Either something is stressing me out – or the creativity just isn’t there! I also create best when I am on a time limit – or when the inspiration hits me, which is often times not the most opportune time, let me tell you!!! So, what do YOU do at times like this – when it is harder to create than at other times? I came up with a few ideas to help get out of the creative rut and more done!
- Check out some magazines or books you have for inspiration. I get you probably have different things you already want to make, but go with a fresh eye this time… look for HOW they did something – versus the supplies they used.
- Learn a new technique that you have been wanting to try out.
- If you have the budget – purchase a few new supplies! Find things that are on sale that you will USE… Try not to purchase things that you like – but don’t have a use for.
- Check out your Pinterest pages -what do you have already pinned that you want to create AND have the supplies for?
- Write things down when you DO have inspiration – it really does make things so much easier when you have the time to create, already having things in one place ready to go!
- Check out your favorite manufacturers’ websites and blogs for even more inspiration! Keep links or notes of things you need to purchase or create!
- Find inspiration in something you have already created, such as the Intentions album above that I recreated!!!
- Have a schedule to get more done! Don’t just rely on your memory – use a planner, or your phone or SOMETHING – but keep a list of what needs to be done handy!
This year – the calendar is helping me! And making things for people who truly appreciate things – is another added bonus, that is for sure! It makes what I have created that much more special – as I know they are loved, and enjoyed – and not just thrown under the stairs because you are too embarrassed to show them to people. So, here’s to getting more done this year!
Memories in Tyme