My dad died on 8/5/2004 – 3 days after my birthday, 5 years to the day after my ex-husband committed suicide! I hate the day – I hate the week – I hate the month…and I simply will never be the same again because of this one set of events! I miss my dad – more than I ever thought I would, I am more like him than I thought I was, and yet – after a random conversation today with my mom – I realize I am like her in ways as well!
It would have been my parents’ anniversary today – I called to wish my mom a great day, and simply wished my dad one through the angels! I thought about growing up – and how lucky I was to have both parents in the same house, let alone living in the same house my whole life never having to move! I thought about going out to dinner on their special day, always something nice! I thought about never hearing my mom and dad argue at ALL – in the 50 some-odd years they were together! I learned love – and once I found TRUE LOVE – my dad could go!
In celebration of their special day – a bit of a challenge for you:
- Since my mom’s favorite color is blue – do ANYTHING using blue as the main color!
- Make an anniversary card (or more than one) to give to someone special in your life!
- Create a mini album with pictures and journaling of you and your significant other showcasing the love between you!
- Add a framed page of one of your favorite photos of your parents (or you and your spouse) for your wall!
- Do a project with flowers in it! Doesn’t matter what it is – just use flowers somehow!
If your parents are still around, enjoy them, spend time with them – LOVE THEM! I hope you make fun projects with the challenges from here! I hope you share with me what YOU end up creating!