When it comes to working with scraps – do you throw your scraps away, or do you keep more all of the pieces you are left with from the project you are working on? Sometimes you need just a small piece of patterned paper, why use a whole sheet for a small piece? Scraps will save you money in the long run – being able to use them in various ways! This month, we are going to be working on using up our scraps of papers – so hopefully you have saved some up and we can go to work!!! If not – I hope this month will give you a lot of inspiration to keep your scraps!!!
Some of the things you can do with scraps are:
- Paper piecing patterns – wonderful for one of a kind creations for both cards and scrapbook pages alike!
- Cards – background papers, punched pieces, stamped images – various papers to create a one of a kind piece!
- Embellishments – using various papers to create your own embellishments for just about everything you do paper craft wise – it makes each piece one of a kind!
- Squares or circles in various papers – on scrapbook pages, framed pages, paper crafts and cards…anything you want to create out of paper to create visual interest!
- Punch pieces – using various punches and papers to create a one of a kind embellishment, add with stamps – die cuts and stickers to create visual interest!
- Stamped images – to go with your cards and embellishments – again using scraps of papers, makes each item you do, one of a kind!
- Project Life – using stamps – scraps of paper – along with punches and die cuts, you can create your own style of cards to go with your Project Life albums!!!
- Cut down to a 6 x 6 size and use for smaller mini albums!
- For cardstock – use for bookmarks, both long style and corner style!
Some of my funnest projects, have been created using scraps of paper from other projects…especially my cards and bookmarks! I have recently gotten into doing Project Life style scrapbooking – it will be really fun to make my own style of card embellishments out of scraps! I hope to share some of the one’s I end up creating this month, so come back often as we work with scraps this month!!!!
Thanks for stopping by,
Memories in Tyme