What size layouts do YOU do? Are you like me and you do everything from 6 x 6 mini albums to Project Life albums, to digital albums, to paper bag albums, to physical albums in all sizes? Or do you stick to just one thing? Each of my projects are well thought out for that project or layout directly…and not just jumped in to. There are times I wake up with layouts in my head – or a fun project for someone special if it is something that I have thought about for a while!
So, a few fun tips I have learned when doing layouts:
- You don’t need to do EVERY single photo you have taken for an event in one layout. If you have more than one photo you need to use…either cut the photos down to add to a layout, or look at doing more of a mini album instead!
- Some photos deserve to be alone in a layout, with journaling added to it to “explain” the info you are thinking or feeling at the time, more than just a whole bunch of pictures and no documentation.
- Some layouts deserve to be hung on the walls or showcased properly, some photos deserve to be THAT SPECIAL instead!
- Don’t be afraid of mixing things up between layouts to mini albums sometimes! It’s all about the memories and documenting, not the type of layout/project you do!
- Start currently – and then work back from there! If you can’t remember EVERYTHING – then try to remember what you can! At least if you start current and have documented things, then you can journal things a bit more easily and get more done in the long run.
- Start to journal as you can remember things – at least if you don’t have the perfect picture, but you have things documented as far as what you want to say, you can always get the “photo” done later on!
- Remember you DON’T NEED EVERYTHING SUPPLY WISE……….you need paper, some punches, stamps, adhesive, journaling tools – and then add things up from there… If you try to purchase it all, you will be too overwhelmed TO create!
Not every picture needs to be in a layout – some need to be simply added to your walls, and some need to have elaborate pages made, especially those birthday’s, anniversaries, weddings!!! I am glad – even when I am gone, my family has those mini albums, layouts and scrapbooks made of THEM! How awesome to sit back and remember those little things – those big things…and know someone loved you ENOUGH to create it for you!
Today’s challenge – is simply to create SOMETHING – find a special photo AND CREATE IT!
Thanks for stopping by,
Memories in Tyme