When it comes to figuring out what you are “good at” and what you aren’t, I didn’t figured out until later on in life just WHAT that was! That is what rebuilding your life does to you, it makes you evaluate what is important, and what is NOT! Sometimes that takes you to a place where you never thought you would go or be!
I met my husband Del in 2000, both of us out of “interesting” marriages to say the least! My last marriage caused me to have a life changing diagnosis because of a head injury that went unnoticed. Del had been separated/divorced for a long time before we met, and didn’t want another relationship at all! He moved in – needed a place to stay for a bit, and never left! Oh we make each other CRAZY at times, we fight hard – we love hard… but it is US and how we are!!!
I started creating handmade cards back in 1990 – my first project, was my daughter Terra’s birth announcements made out of cardstock and a Disney stamp, she’s the one holding the baby! That one thing sparked something inside me that has helped me in more ways than one! When I moved back home, my sister Debra showed me what a scrapbook store was at the time and an instant love was formed (especially with all of these stamps I already had)!!!
It took a chance meeting with Lisa Bernson, founding editor for Creating Keepsakes magazine for me to take myself a bit more seriously – and I went back to school to learn more about graphic and web design! Coming back home yet again – proved to be the best thing for me, my business, and my family!
- I have 3 kids (adults now) and my husband (not their father)! My kids watched me endure things I never should have had to…just married in to.
- Because of the above, it took a while, BUT – My (or our might say) very first grandchild was born, Ms. Zoey Rain made her entrance into the world 3.5 weeks early on 12/5/2020!!!!! 4 generations of women….. Zoey is special, just like her mommy is!
- I am my mom’s only daughter to have a daughter, who just had a daughter! And that little girl has red hair and dark blue eyes, my mom has red hair and lighter blue eyes! Took her 4 generations to get a redhead!
- Del saved my life twice the past few years – after an abusive ex-husband, I now have “epilepsy”. We went to bed one night, and next thing I know, I’m being wheeled out on a stretcher, 2 months later 2 more back to back and the diagnosis from hell.
- I love watching soap operas – LOL but can’t stand living in the middle of one! I hate drama queens and those that cause drama in others’ lives – soaps are one thing, but try living IN REAL LIFE one for over 20 years.
- I love watching HGTV – and hope to flip a house in my lifetime with my family, or at the least find a place I can fix up for myself and my family!!!
- I recently started a bucket list – my first item was sunset at Lake Tahoe – beautiful place!! Totally God’s best kept secret for sure!
- Del and I moved out of Utah the very end of 2007! We went to Colorado for 5 years, California for a year, and ended up in Reno, Nevada until November 2019. We came BACK home to Utah after being gone, one month shy of 12 full years.
- When Del and I met, we had Tygress, 2000 – the light of our lives! She had just 1 litter of kittens, we kept 2 of the 3 she had, Hank and Baer (yes, named after the football dude)! She passed away the beginning of 2018, leaving us the 2 boys.
- Baer was poisoned – and we had to put him down in 2019. He was the first of the two boys to go, and a hard time to deal with even still. I hate vindictive people who do vindictive things to animals. Ty was blinded by lasers, this one poisoned – people are assholes.
- Hank was the last to go of momma and the boys! He just left us June 2021! I’m not sure we will ever be the same again after these 3 animals! They helped us to heal, and took the place of things taken away from us! Life will never be the same again for us ever again!
- After we lost Ty, we ended up with another completely awesome little girl kitty named Felix! She is small – and simply our huntress, who loves to bring us presents LOL! She has caught 8 birds, 9 mice, a lizard, and now 4 grasshoppers… and she’s 3!!!! She has a completely different personality than the other 3, let me tell you!
- I LOVE to read, boy do I love to read! As long as it is helpful, interesting, gets me away from it all for 5 minutes, I love to read it! I also used to do book reviews for a web site, and LOVED getting free books! Moving back home, well… I never have to worry about books, my family has more than enough for me to read!!!!
- I am just learning how to coupon and save money! You can really save a lot of money if you put your mind to it!!!
- I procrastinate like you would not believe!!! Boy do I procrastinate! Nothing like flying by the seat of your pants when you create – THAT IS ME!
- Life has thrown me a LOT of curve balls – but I refuse to let it bring me down! You learn it really doesn’t matter what someone else thinks in life, the curve balls are going to come no matter what. It’s what you do with them that matters!
- Going back to school when you are older in life – is a really hard thing to do… when you get on the Dean’s and President’s list at that old age, it is very accomplishing!!
- I have always been a dork, and honestly I COULD CARE LESS!!!!!
- I just got my first smart phone 5 years ago! I love it, but love my tablet more!
- I have no fashion style and am way more comfortable being at home and in sweats than anything!!! That brings me to my next point!!!
- I honestly could care less what people think of my “fashion style”, my “looks”, and how “beautiful” I am or am not! When you work at home, you end up not caring about your wardrobe, but more about comfort LOL!
- Chocolate and Pepsi and I are best of friends! That’s not always a good thing when you have to watch what you eat!
- I love making baked goods – but hate cooking dinner!! I am thankful I met my husband or I would have starved to death by now LOL!
- I am on the Creative Paperclay Design Team and have been for 7 years now! I love to share some of the fun things I have made for the team!
- I love building my family tree! I think everyone should build their tree and have their DNA ran from a reputable company. You learn more about where you came from – and your own personal families stories!! You even learn at times things you were never told.
- 2 events have changed “who” I am – my niece dying, and almost dying of seizures. You learn what is “important and what is not. Both came out of the blue, both sudden and life changing.