When it comes to figuring out what you are “good at” and what you aren’t – that wasn’t figured out until later on in life, but that is what rebuilding your life does to you, it makes you evaluate what is important, and what is NOT!
With Memories in Tyme, you won’t find our creations anywhere! Everything we do is one of a kind – it is rather hard for me to create the same thing twice, even IF I use the same supplies on both projects! I also know how to save money – I have lived the current economy since 2003 and learned a lot along the way, this I pass on to you both when you learn – and when you purchase a handmade creation from us!
I started creating handmade cards back in 1990 – my first project, was my daughter Terra’s birth announcements, made out of cardstock and a Disney stamp! When I moved back home, my sister Debra showed me a scrapbook store and an instant love was formed (especially with all of these stamps I already had)!!!
It took a chance meeting with Lisa Bernson, founding editor for Creating Keepsakes magazine for me to take myself a bit more seriously – and back to school I went to learn more about graphic and web design! I was on the Dean’s list and the President’s list – which in my old age, is VERY AWESOME!
Moving out of Utah, and being able to heal through other situations, has helped to create my little corner of the universe here! Recently moving BACK home to Utah – where we came back different people – we are ready for what is next for us in our lives!
From creating items for other people both digitally and paper, to classes to learn how to create your own, to being on design teams, you will find a bit of everything here!!! Stick around, the best is yet to come!
A few of my favorite things
- I have 3 kids (adults now) and my husband (not their father)! My kids watched me endure things I never should have had to…just married in to. That made it so they don’t really want children until they are ready. One of mine doesn’t want them at all!
- Del saved my life twice the past few years – after an abusive ex-husband, now I have “epilepsy”. We went to bed one night, and next thing I know, I’m being wheeled out on a stretcher. 2 months later 2 more back to back and the diagnosis from hell.
- We have 2 cats in which are our “fur babies”! Hank is the only one left out of the 3 original cats we have had! We got Felix 2 years ago before Baer died…
- We lost our mom cat Tygress the beginning of the year 2018, so we “HAD 3” cats! After 17.5 years of being in our lives, she is gone. I still am sad and can’t believe she isn’t with us anymore!
- After we lost Ty, we ended up with another completely awesome little girl kitty named Felix! She is very small – and simply what we call “cat on crack” LOL! She has caught 6 birds, 3 mice, and a lizard….and she’s 2!!!!
- Our big guy Baer (named after a football dude) – was killed by being poisoned. We still have a hard time talking about it, and seeing pictures of him! I hate vindictive people who will do things to pets…
- I love watching soap operas – LOL but can’t stand living in the middle of one! I hate drama queens and those that cause drama in others’ lives – soaps are one thing, but try living IN REAL LIFE one for over 20 years.
- I love watching HGTV – and hope to flip a house in my lifetime with my family, or at the least find a place I can fix up for myself and my family!!!
- I recently started a bucket list – my first item was sunset at Lake Tahoe (sharing with you here at the top of the page) – beautiful place!! Totally God’s best kept secret for sure!
- I was not close to my family until I had my seizures – then, we all learned forgiveness, and simply wanting to get to know each other as adults. I have a protective family now – being the youngest of 5 does have it’s benefits when you are older!
- Del and I moved out of Utah the very end of 2007! We went to Colorado for about 4.5 years – then California for a year – and then ended up in Reno Nevada until November 2019. We came BACK home to Utah after being gone a month shy of 12 full years.
- I LOVE to read, boy do I love to read! As long as it is helpful, interesting, gets me away from it all for 5 minutes, I love to read it! I also used to do book reviews for a web site, and LOVED getting free books!
- I am just learning how to coupon and save money! You can really save a lot of money if you put your mind to it!!!
- I procrastinate like you would not believe!!! Boy do I procrastinate! Nothing like flying by the seat of your pants when you create – THAT IS ME!
- Life has thrown me a LOT of curve balls – but I refuse to let it bring me down! You learn it really doesn’t matter what someone else thinks in life, the curve balls are going to come no matter what. It’s what you do with them that matters!
- Going back to school when you are older in life – is a really hard thing to do… when you get on the Dean’s and President’s list at that old age, it is very accomplishing!!
- I have always been a dork!
- I just got my first smart phone 4 years ago! I love it, but love my tablet more!
- I have no fashion style and am way more comfortable being at home and in sweats than anything!!! That brings me to my next point!!!
- I honestly could care less what people think of my “fashion style”, my “looks”, and how “beautiful” I am or am not! When you work at home, you end up not caring about your wardrobe, but more about comfort LOL!
- Chocolate and Pepsi and I are best of friends! That’s not always a good thing when you have to watch what you eat!
- I love making baked goods – but hate cooking dinner!! Thank God I met my husband or I would have starved to death by now LOL!
- I am on the Creative Paperclay Design Team and have been for 7 years now! I love to share some of the fun things I have made for the team!
- I love building my family tree, even though I don’t know past family much! I think everyone should build their tree and have their DNA ran from a reputable company. You can’t claim “I’m not the father” when you are GENETICALLY matched to someone (wink, wink)! You learn more about where you came from – and your own personal families stories!!
Sometimes broken people can’t be fixed, no matter how hard you try TO fix them.
Sometimes you need to look back, in order to move forward in life…
I have learned – life goes on! You might not want it to, but life goes on! When my niece died in 2014, that one event changed the very part of who I am today. I still don’t know how to deal with the fact she is gone and I won’t talk to her EVER again. People take life for granted – like they are going to be there the next time you want them “in your life”, but they might not be… Sad frankly.
I am 5 years younger than my older sibling… My mom had 2 families you might say!
Your past decisions you make in life does not define who you are – it MAKES you who you are today.
If you JUDGE another based on ONE person’s word, now THAT defines WHO YOU ARE.
Life sometimes brings you people that can help you to grow as an individual…..and that is not always for the GOOD.
I have learned the lengths people can go to, in order to get what they want in life. They will mow you over with a lie so fast your head will spin, and it will take you years to recover from the “effect’s” of the talk.
3 things can’t be hidden for long – the sun, the moon, and the truth!
I love to create!!!!!! I really enjoy donating the cards that I create to my church, and seeing the looks on people’s faces when they get a handmade card made by me!!
A woman knows a child is hers, they are inside OUR bodies… But what does a man have that child WE carry – is theirs? Our word ONLY – and we get “pissed off” when a man asks for a DNA test? Try taking phone calls when you have to tell the person they are not who they thought they were. Try living it.