Who Am I
You know when you are a child and trying to figure out what you are good at - and what you want to be "when you grow up" LOL??? Well, I didn't figure it all out until my late 30's to early 40's, but that is what rebuilding your life does to you - you get to look at things in a different direction than you did before!!! My name is Lynda Jeffs, owner and designer for Memories in Tyme - all things paper craft related and graphic design!
I started creating cards in 1990, collecting all kinds of supplies and taking a few classes as I began! I moved back home to Utah, where my sister Debra introduced me to scrapbooking! With making my own cards already - an instant love was formed! It wasn't until a chance meeting with Lisa Bearnson near the end of 2004, (she is founding editor at Creating Keepsakes magazine), that I learned to take myself more seriously - and Memories in Tyme started as a thought at least!
Handmade For You
From that first thought of things to come, I started to create gifts to give to my friends and family for them to try out. We have went from Utah - to Colorado - to California - to Nevada during the time I have been doing this! Everything handmade for you - is based on your thoughts, your supplies (if you have them) - and your budget! They are all made with the same loving details as I create my own stuff with! Some of the things I create - are by order only - that way, you are involved in the very beginning of the process and it is more customized to you!
Learning How To Create
With learning how to create - we take it all back to the basics and teach you in an easier format - beginner through expert, something you won't find anywhere out there! You get things in order - what is easier as you start out, techniques that are easier to learn at first or don't require a lot of extra tools, and then kick it up as you go to the next level! Classes will be online and in person if you are local! The best part about learning how to create from me - you learn based on your own supplies that you have purchased, your own themes, and your own pictures!
In 2009, I went back to school to further my education! At first it was for one reason, ultimately it turned into learning how to create web designs, blog designs and anything relating to graphic design!!! My husband is also artistic, and helps me in this little venture! With us, we are able to bounce ideas off of each other - in order to create the perfect thing for our customers!!! That is what happens when you have been with someone for 16.5 years, and truly know each other and how the other designs!
- I have 3 adult "kids", but no grandchildren yet!
- I have 3 cats in which are our "fur babies",that have been with us across 4 state lines!
- I love watching soap operas - LOL but can't stand living in the middle of one!
- I love watching HGTV - and hope to flip a house in my lifetime with my family!!!
- I recently started a bucket list - my first item was sunset at Lake Tahoe (sharing with you here)!!
- I do not live close to my family and am not "close to" my family either!
- I LOVE to read, boy do I love to read!
- I enjoy watching movies and spending time with my husband, who is also my best friend!
- I am just learning how to coupon!
- I procrastinate like you would not believe!
- Life has thrown me a LOT of curve balls - but I refuse to let them bring me down!
- Going back to school when you are older in life - is a really hard thing...when you get on the Dean's and President's list though is very accomplishing!!
- I have always been a dork!
- I just got my first smart phone 2 years ago!
- I have no fashion style and am way more comfortable being at home and in sweats than anything!!!
- Chocolate, Pepsi and I are best of friends!
- I love making baked goods - but hate cooking dinner!!
- I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 2008 and it changed my life.
- I am on the Creative Paperclay Design Team and have been for over 3 years now!
- I love to recycle boxes, cans and more - to make one of a kind "things" made out of paper!
- I enjoyed doing book reviews and getting free books!
- When love is meant to be - nothing can stand in its way!
- When my niece died in 2014, that one event changed the very part of who I am today.
- I hate drama queens and those that cause drama in others' lives..
- Life goes ON.....you might not want it to, but it moves on. You can either move with it - or not!
- Your past decisions you make in life does not define you - it truly makes it who you are today!