Easy cards for you to recreate – using punches and scraps of paper! Add a bit of rub-pn’s, and you have yourself an easy beginner card or three! All of the cards I do are one of a kind, even if I am trying to create the same card! Each one ends up being different because it is simply handmade! Now, make sure to get some sort of a stamp that says you made this card…to add to the back! I have two sets I use, and love them!
As you start to make cards – here are a few tips to help you along the way!!!
- Keep scraps from other projects – a small piece can go a long way when you use scraps!
- If you are out of a certain color – and you can matt it with another color (such as the bright pink flower card), you can always use the bottom color to punch out your shapes (such as the flowers).
- Scraps can be used for matting – for tags – for punch pieces – for stamped images or sayings – paper piecing’s – just to name a few!
- As you start to create both scrapbooks and cards, organize your stuff together! You can really make cute projects, especially altered items with stickers, stamps, die cuts, punches!
- Don’t be afraid of patterned paper!
Since I have been scrapbooking, I use my stamps for more than just cards…and I use my scrapbook supplies for more than just layouts now! I alter stuff like crazy – and enjoy creating with what I have at home! Your supplies will be different than mine – my projects are more to help you see how easy it is!
Here is a great card for you to recreate and a technique for you to try if you haven’t – color blocking!
Find 3 shades of the same color of scraps of paper – using the card above, you can see how that will look. Add the scraps to the card base, cutting them down to size if you have to. Find a punch, and punch various colors of the same punch, add it to the bottom of the card – with 1 at the top! I did 3D 2 of the stars, but this is not a necessity! Add a saying to the top, whether stamped or rub-on, and you are done!
Simple cards, easy for you to create!
Memories in Tyme