I have been stamping for 25+ years now – my first project, was my daughters’ birth announcements created out of a Disney stamp and cardstock!!! Such a generic basic project in which ended up making such an impact on my life – in many different ways! When I started creating – I purchased so many different stamps it wasn’t funny – yet I wasted a lot of money doing that, I didn’t use even half of them. Now, I look at the stamps I do purchase, and make sure I will use them more than once, in order to make the most out of the purchase I DO make! I use stamps for:
- Making cards
- As accents on scrapbook pages
- As backgrounds on scrapbook pages
- With my Creative Paperclay product
- On my planner pages
- With my Project Life album
Cost effective tips –
- Look in the bargain bins for stamps that don’t cost a ton! I have found wonderful stamps I use from Target, Michael’s and Walmart!
- You can also pick up small squares of ink pads in colors – or basic black and white so you can use on lighter and darker colors also at your local craft stores, or Walmart even!
- Have a class from Stampin’ Up or Close to My Heart, you can get hostess credits where you can purchase other stamps and ink pads for your stash!!!
- Use scraps of papers from other projects to make one of a kind things! Whether it is a background for the card, a tag, a smaller card for a gift card, a bookmark even!
- Use punches along with stamps to create various cards! Whether it you use the stamps for the background and punches for embellishments – or lets say a saying stamp along with themed punches, can make a wonderful birthday card!
- If you do not have any stamps, and really can’t afford them – best alternative……use your printer in order to print out sayings you need cards for, and use papers, punches, etc., to create your own style cards!!!
- Find a place where you can keep everything card making related – such as card bases, envelopes, tag bases, bookmark bases, background papers that are perfect size for cards, finished card tops but not added to card bases – all in one box (see above)!
- Go through your scraps often and put away the papers that you can make wonderful cards with! Those loud papers – when paired with cardstock, makes amazing cards!
Since it is World Card Making Day on 10/1/16 – I hope you will join me all weekend long in making fun cards to send out! I also have classes coming up, which will include the supplies needed to finish things up, as well as a few extras too!!! More details to follow!!!
Thanks for stopping by,
Memories in Tyme